Pets As Therapy – Introducing Dandy
The Therapy Company’s latest recruit
The Pets As Therapy charity provide a visiting service to hospitals, hospices, nursing and care homes, special needs schools and a variety of other venues all across the UK. Each week calm, friendly PAT dogs give more than 150,000 people, both young and old, the pleasure and chance to cuddle and talk to them.
Dandy is one of around 5,000 active visiting Pets As Therapy (PAT) Dogs at work in the UK and part of the team at The Therapy Company. Dandy is very calm and friendly and likes nothing better than being petted and adored.
His therapeutic visits can provide a wide range of benefits;
- Provide comfort and engagement for those unable to communicate with people/professionals,
- Support the work of those suffering from debilitating mental and physical health conditions such as Autism, Dementia and Stroke
- Improve literacy in children,
- Education – care of and the role of dogs as pets,
- Friendship and to help tackle loneliness,
- Stress Management – reduction in blood pressure and reduction in worry and negative thinking.
More specific psychological work can take place to assist overcome dog phobia as part of an holistic package of treatment such as CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy) or EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing) .If you would like to arrange Dandy to visit your care home/ward/unit please do not hesitate to contact us.
Donations are requested and go to Pets As Therapy charity, however specialised dog phobia therapy treatment is chargeable – please ring to discuss.